ITE Cal Poly Pomona held its 9th General Meeting on Thursday, March 6, 2014. The guest speaker for this meeting was Gianfranco Laurie, Project Engineer for RBF Consulting. You can read more about Mr. Laurie at: http://wp.me/p1T2QL-Bp
Mr. Laurie gave a brief presentation about a project he worked on, the Oso Creek Multi-Use Trail Project. His responsibilities included: the preparation of roadway/bike trail signing and striping, traffic signal modification, and in-roadway warning lights designs. Mr. Laurie provided members with actual plans of the project and gave tasks similar to what an entry-level engineer would perform.
Among the General Announcements:
- ITECPP is looking for members interested in running for a position for the 2014-2015 school year! Nominations will be held at the first Spring Quarter meeting and Elections the following meeting. Please see http://itecpp.wordpress.com/about-us/officers/ to get in contact with an officer if interested.
- ITECPP will be hosting the 40th Anniversary Dinner on May 23rd, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM. This is a great networking opportunity! Contact Jackie for more information (email@example.com)
- A section of CE499 for Transportation Studies will open for Spring Quarter! It will be a 3 unit course on Fridays, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm, and completion of CE222 (Highway Engineering) is desired. If interested, class number for BroncoDirect is 35507.
- SoCal ITE and San Diego ITE Joint Meeting Friday, March 14
- RSBITE Golf Tournament – Friday, March 21 – 8 AM – 2 PM
Have a great Spring Break!