ITE Cal Poly Pomona held its 3rd General Meeting on Thursday, October 31. The guest speaker for the meeting was Vanessa Muñoz, P.E., a Deputy Director of Engineering at Willdan, with experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering. You can read more about Ms. Muñoz at http://itecpp.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/ites-third-general-meeting-w-guest-speaker-vanessa-munoz/.
Ms. Muñoz talked to members about a project she is currently working on for the City of Rolling Hills Estates (as the Project Manager and Traffic Engineer), which involved widening the roadway to allow for a Class 2 Bike Path, as well as improvements within the area. Ms. Muñoz also talked about the difficulties of a project, which could take a year to obtain an approval, among other issues such as finances and communication with designers and contractors. Before concluding her presentation, Ms. Muñoz gave advice and tips to members regarding time management and effectiveness as a Project Manager.
Among the General Announcements:
- Membership forms are here: http://itecpp.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ite-membership-form-2013-1.pdf. Only $25 to join!
- RBF Tech Tour – Friday, November 15 (Limited to 15 spots)
- FHWA Internships: Contact Hector Salcedo at email@example.com
- We’re looking for help for the UCTC (University of California Transportation Center) Conference! Contact Hector Salcedo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 15th – ASCE/ITE Civil Day
- November 20th – RSBITE/SoCal ITE Joint Meeting (Kellogg West)
See you at our next meeting on Thursday, November 14!