ITE Cal Poly Pomona’s 2nd
General Meeting featured guest speaker Mr. Zaki Mustafa, P.E. from the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT).
Mr. Mustafa (Cal Poly Alumnus, ITE 2013 International President Elect) shared
his presentation on the “Keys For Success” to an audience of students and faculty. Mr. Mustafa’s stressed the importance of growing strong communication and technical skills, but also urged his audience to pursue volunteer opportunities and other involvements within Transportation Engineering before graduation. Mr. Mustafa concluded his presentation by offering the latest news and happenings within LADOT.
Among the General Announcements:
- New Conference Chair (Stephanie Lam) introduced
- ITE membership and ITE+APSA joint membership discounts extend through October 31st
- TE Technical Workshops/Tutoring coming soon
- Updates on ITE Project/Research Studies planned for 2012-2013
- 10/11/2012 – Bowling Night with APSA+ITE
- 10/17/2012 – Socal ITE meeting, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel, 7675 Crescent Avenue, Buena Park, 91754, $10, RSVP required, OCTA’s Capital Highway Programs & the 405 Improvement Project, Rose Casey, Director of Highway Programs, Orange County Transportation Authority, http://www.itesocal.org/ (October Meeting Flyer)
(SoCal ITE is the Southern CA ITE section)
- 10/18/2012 – Engineering Club Welcome Fair, 11 p.m. – 1 p.m., Building 17 Center Court http://www.csupomona.edu/~egr_council/Website/welcomefair.html
- 10/18/2012 – High-Speed Rail Projects around the World: Lessons Learned, 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
UCLA Lewis Center and UCLA Institute of Transportation Studies, 2355 Public Affairs Building 3250 School of Public Affairs Building Westwood, CA 90095, http://lewis.ucla.edu/events/high-speed-rail-projects-around-world-lessons-learned
- 10/18/2012 – RSBITE meeting, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Old Spaghetti Factory in Rancho Cucamonga, Students with I.D. $10 (before October 15th), Inland Southern California Interchange Status Update, Presenter: Jamal Elsaleh, Caltrans District 8 Office Chief for Project Management, http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4242206554#
(RSBITE is the Riverside-San Bernardino Section of ITE)
- 10/18/2012 – “Anything Transpo” Tutoring, 8 – 9 p.m., Transportation Lab: Building 17, Room 17-2646 (also available 10/25/2012, same time)
- 10/19/2012 – ITE Workshop: “Productivity Tools”, 3 – 4 p.m., Transportation Lab: Building 17, Room 17-2646. Learn about the different tools, tips, and tricks: Project Planning tools, Collaboration tools, Data Sources, Much more. (Also offered on Oct. 23, 8 – 9 p.m.)
- 10/25/2012 – OCTEC Professional Meeting, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Orange Hill Restaurant 6410 E. Chapman Avenue Orange, CA 92869, $20 with special code and online RSVP by Oct. 24. $25 otherwise. City of Newport Beach Mix Master Brad Sommers, Senior Civil Engineer, City of Newport Beachhttp://octecoctober2012.eventbrite.com/
(OCTEC is the Orange County Traffic Engineers Council)
Next ITE General Meeting: