GIANFRANCO LAURIE, P.E
Mr. Laurie has over 5 years of experience in both civil and traffic engineering designs. He has worked on a number of roadway, sidewalk and signal improvement projects. He prepares and finalizes plans, specifications and estimate (PS&E) documents. He has experience in the use and application of AutoCAD and MicroStation which have been instrumental in completing various KOA Corporation design projects. His recent projects have involved safe route to school improvements, roadway widening and rehabilitation enhancements, signal interconnect and traffic signal designs, and signing and striping. His relevant experience includes:
- Design Engineer for Safe Route to School (SR2S) State Cycle 9 Improvements for the City of Desert Hot Springs, CA. The professional engineering service for this project includes 1,300ft of new curb, gutter, sidewalk and residential driveway tie-ins.
- Design Engineer for Two Traffic Signal Designs for the City of Banning, CA. The project includes conventional loop detection, traffic signal poles placed at ultimate locations and minor signing and striping for the intersection.
- Design Engineer for Vista Chino at Farrell Drive Street Improvements for the City of Palm Springs, CA. This widening street improvement project includes full-depth AC/AB, curb, gutter, sidewalk, ADA access ramps, a city bus turn-out design, traffic signal modification plan and new signing and striping.
- Design Engineer for Two Traffic Signal Modifications for the City of San Bernardino, CA. The project includes wireless flush-mount sensor detection, ADA compliable access ramps and minor signing and striping for each intersection.
- Design Engineer for Twenty-One Signal Interconnect Design for the City of Oakland, CA. The project includes an upgrade of traffic signal controllers, new fiber optic interconnect system using Ethernet communications and CCTV cameras for traffic surveillance. All locations will be interconnected and linked to the City’s Traffic Management Center.