On Thursday, March 7th 2013, ITE Cal Poly Pomona held the 9th General Meeting of the year. Cal Poly Pomona Alumnus, Mr. Robert Kilpatrick, P.E., T.E., Project Director and Associate of Hall and Foreman, Inc. was the guest speaker for this meeting.
Mr. Kilpatrick reflected on his personal career path and asked his audience to appreciate a correlation between Transportation Engineering and Land Development. At a young age, Mr. Kilpatrick’s interests in Transportation Engineering were born as he watched California invest in its highway infrastructure during the “highway boom” of the 1960’s. Mr. Kilpatrick pursued his interests further at Cal Poly Pomona through ITE and Civil Engineering. Upon graduation, Mr. Kilpatrick found work in Palmdale, CA, but his work focused primarily on Land Development projects. Mr. Kilpatrick took part in many Palmdale improvement projects and as he saw the region develop, the need for Transportation Engineering solutions increased as well. In closing, Mr. Kilpatrick supported the state’s investment into infrastructure and was eager to one day witness High Speed Rail in California.
Among the General Announcements:
- ITE Cal Poly Pomona placed 1st in the ITE Traffic Bowl competition held at CSU Fullerton on February 23rd 2013.
- ITE T-shirts are in and available for purchase.
- WTS Resume Deadline is March 15th 2013.
- MiteY Race / ITE Annual Conference in Phoenix, AZ. The “Amazing Race” themed event will precede the annual conference. Contact Marion Cartas for information.
- Educational Outreach at local high schools will resume in Spring Quarter. Contact Hector Salcedo for more information.
- Caltrans Transportation Management Center (TMC): 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. on Friday, March 8th 2013
Next ITE General Meeting: