On Thursday, May 2nd 2013, ITECPP held the 12th General Meeting of the year. The guest speaker was John Chun, P.E., Deputy Chief Harbor Engineer, Port of Long Beach. You can find his full bio here.
In his presentation, Mr. Chun overviewed various projects that have made the POLB a vital gateway for the transportation of goods and materials between the United States and oversea markets.
The Port of Long Beach is the second most utilized port in the United States featuring:
- 10 Piers, 80 Berths, 3200 Acres of Land
- On Dock-Rail operations (1st Port to do so)
- 2/3 of all cargo routed to East Coast through the Port of Long Beach
Mr. Chun also discussed The Port of Long Beach’s Green Port Policy – a measure designed specifically to reduce the facility’s impact upon its neighboring community and environment.
Among the General Announcements:
- ITE Graduation Stoles are available for $30 (contact Danee)
- Soccer with CE Faculty planned for 5/4
- Anyone interested in attending this years conference contact Marion
Elections for the 2013-2014 ITE Officers were held. Please welcome our new ITE officers:
- President: Hector Salcedo
- Internal VP: Brandon Wong
- External VP: Mark Shisler
- Secretary: Johnny Truong
- Treasurer: Alex Liu
- Webmaster: Josh Sy
- Activities Chair: Kevin Mach
- E-Council Rep: Mary Haynes
Congratulations to all the new officers!
Next Meeting: 5/16/2013