ITE Cal Poly Pomona held its 5th General Meeting on Thursday, January 9, 2014. The guest speakers for the meeting were three recent graduates from Cal Poly Pomona: Daniel David, Jr., Jesse Morton, and Said Yahya. You can learn more about each speaker at: https://itecpp.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/winter-quarter-kick-off-meeting/.
Each speaker talked about their experience in Transportation Engineering during and after their undergraduate studies. Daniel, who is an Civil Associate for RBF Consulting, lectured about his time as an intern for Riverside County Transportation and RBF, as well as some of the current projects he is working on, such as an interchange improvement of I-10/Jefferson in Indio, CA. Jesse, a Cost Engineer at Parsons, presented on improving the SR-91 corridor, in which he is responsible for budgeting, charting and tracking, invoicing, and reporting. Said, an Associate Engineer at Parsons, informed the audience about his contribution to the 71/91 Interchange Project. Each speaker concluded by giving advice to students, encouraging them to never stop learning, listen and learn from others, and be patient.
Among the General Announcements:
- T-shirt designs have been voted, and will be delivered to members at the next meeting.
- ITE and ASCE will hold a joint Technical Tour to the Metro Gold Line – M&O Facility on January 17th. Registration is sold out.
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo will be having an ITE Student Conference on February 15-17. Registration is $40 until January 15. Contact Mark Shisler for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cal Poly Pomona will be holding this year’s UCTC Conference. More information coming soon.
- SoCal ITE Meeting – Wednesday, January 15
- RSBITE Vendor Show – Thursday, January 16
See you at our next meeting on Thursday, January 23!