ITE Cal Poly Pomona held its 7th General Meeting on Thursday, February 6, 2014. The guest speaker for this meeting was Monica Suter, PE, TE, PTOE. You can read more about Ms. Suter at: https://itecpp.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/2288/.
Ms. Suter presented on the number of opportunities that students could work in the transportation engineering industry. This includes freeway design, Intelligent Transportation Systems, or a traffic management center. Ms. Suter also explained to members about information overload and how engineers should communicate with the public to minimize risk and allow for a safer drive. Before concluding her presentation, Ms. Suter provided some useful tips for resumes and interviews, such as learning from good and bad experiences, sharing your skills to others, and working to understand your potential employers.
Among the General Announcements:
- T-Shirts are now available! If you are a member and have not picked up your shirts, come by to the next meeting.
- A Parking Study will be performed on Thursday, February 13 between 6am – 8 pm. Please contact Hector (email@example.com) for more information.
- ITECPP is looking for help with the 40th Anniversary Banquet, which will be open to all members and officers, past and present. Please contact Jackie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
- The ITE Student Leadership Summit at San Luis Obispo is now $80 to attend. It will be on February 15-17.
- Cal Poly Pomona will be holding this year’s UCTC Conference on April 17-19. You can see the website here: http://uctc2014.atscpp.org.
- Traffic Bowl – Saturday, February 22 – CSU Long Beach
- Chicken Tacos Fundraiser – Tuesday, February 18 – Between Buildings 9 & 17
- RSBITE Meeting – Thursday, February 20
- Chi Epsilon Job Fair – Thursday, February 27
- Broomball (ITE Co-Hosting Event) – Friday, February 28
- RSBITE Golf Tournament – Friday, March 21
- Laser Tag – To Be Announced
See you at our next meeting on Thursday, February 20!