ITE Cal Poly Pomona held its 8th General Meeting on Thursday, February 20, 2014. The guest speaker for this meeting was Spencer Reed, Transportation Engineer for Fehr & Peers. You can read more about Mr. Reed at: https://itecpp.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/2305/
Mr. Reed presented on the transition to a successful career in engineering during and after college, providing tips on what an individual should look at for a job. This includes deciding whether to work in a specialized or diversified firm, the personality of potential co-workers, and the company mission values, among other tips. To conclude, Mr. Reed advised members to manage their own expectations in a potential job, to exceed others expectations, and to keep expanding their knowledge in the field.
Among the General Announcements:
- Interested in an ITE sweatshirt? Please contact Hector (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are a member and have not picked up this year’s T-Shirts, please come by to the next meeting.
- UCLA invited ITECPP to a technical tour at the Burbank Airport on February 21.
- ITECPP recently went to the ITE Student Leadership Summit at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo; the summit was a great opportunity to network with students from other universities and professionals within the area.
- ITECPP will be hosting the 40th Anniversary Dinner on May 23rd, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM. This is a great networking opportunity! Contact Jackie for more information (email@example.com)
- Online registration for UCTC Conference is now available! For more information, check out the website: http://uctc2014.atscpp.org.
- Other Events:
- Traffic Bowl – Saturday, February 22 – 11:30 AM – CSU Long Beach
- RSBITE Golf Tournament – Friday, March 21 – 8 AM – 2 PM
See you at our next meeting (last of the Winter Quarter) on Thursday, March 6!